Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where has the month gone??????

I can't believe that it's been a month since I last posted. I still have all of the kittens. It's been five weeks - the longest that I've had any one set of kittens and they have sure made themselves at home.



They all love sleeping in this basket but it's way too small for all of them to fit in it so last night I brought out another basket and they took that one over as well.


It didn't take long for Winston to become a member of the family. He loves playing with both Sophie and Willow, although he can be a bit rough with the kittens. His favourite place is at the kitchen window where he can watch all the birds in the backyard.

Winston


Merlin is coming along nicely. He is still timid so I feed him in the tent and when he's finished I spend some time with him. Now he starts purring as soon as I go over to the tent and purrs the whole time I'm holding him. He crawls all over me and settles down on my lap and kneads away so I know he's content. He is still skittish any other time but I am able to get closer to him before he runs away. Winston was the same when I first got him so I know it's only a matter of time before he lets me pick him up at any time. He's really grown in the last five weeks.


Merlin


Autumn and Madison (Calendar Girl), the two little girls, are still tiny and will probably always be on the small side like Willow. We nicknamed Madison "Calendar Girl" because she's so pretty; we think she should be on the cover of a cat calendar. Autumn is a lovely little cat who likes to be held but loves sleeping in the basket the most out of all of the kittens.


Timothy, Willow and Autumn

Madison


Timothy is a wonderful little boy. He's the little guy with the eye infection. It's still clearing up and there is only a bit of film left over his left eye. He loves to play with all of the cats and Sophie. His coat is so soft it's like silk and he likes to spend one-on-one time with me. He loves eating with Willow and Winston so I've given up trying to feed him with Merlin. It means he's eating regular cat food as opposed to kitten food but he's growing like a weed so I don't think it's hurting him.... :o)

Timothy


One thing I can say......All of the kittens I have looked after since I began fostering have been wonderful. They all had a rough start in life but anyone would be lucky to adopt one of them. They are great little kittens. Each one of them is different in temperment and personality but would make a lovely addition to any family.

No comments: