Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflecting Back on 2009

I have now been fostering kittens and cats for six months. Is it what I thought it would be? Sort of...........lol I love having kittens in the house all of the time. What I didn't realize was how often they get sick. Whether it's runny eyes and noses, upper resp, ear infections or the runs, it's a worry. Because a lot of the kittens have a rough start in life I guess it's inevitable that they get sick more often. I have quite the little medicine cabinet for the cats and am learning something new all the time.

I fostered 12 kittens and 2 cats during 2009. I wonder how many I'll welcome into my home during 2010?

2009 was a sad year for me. I lost Simon and Willow way too soon. But, as they say, when a door closes, a window opens and I have taken in two fosters, Winston and Maddison, for my own. Winston is very mischievous and gets into trouble a lot of the time, like knocking over full glasses of water as soon as my back is turned, and he insists on teaching the kittens his bad habits....lol Maddison is still on the mend but is very happy to be back home.

I don't know what 2010 will bring but I wish only good things for the kitten and cat rescues, the shelter, and all of us.

No comments: