Sunday, June 21, 2009

They're Gone.......



I can't believe it, but they're gone already. Barb called me Thursday night to say that Winston and Vicky were going to be put up for adoption in PetSmart on Saturday and that she wanted to pick them up on Friday.

I thought I could keep my emotions in check because I knew going in that I would not be keeping the kittens, but boy did I ever become attached to them. Friday night was very hard and I had a little cry when I drove home from dropping them off, but they will be going to good homes.

Now, having gone through the whole process, I know that I can be a foster mom. I wasn't sure how I would be at giving the kittens back and, although it is very hard to give them up, I can do it and look forward to the next batch of kittens I receive.

Barb has mentioned that she wants to give me four small kittens (around five weeks old) that were born outside and need to be socialized ASAP or they will remain wild. I'm waiting to hear back from her as to when I'll get them. I sure don't like being "kitten-less".

The adventure continues.......

No comments: